With mobile and tablet browsing winning huge terrain in 2012 and no signs of slowing down, mobile becomes a key conversion channel. In order to get all the benefits testing and optimizing landing pages and order flows for the most used mobile devices is not an option, but a must.
Do you already have a mobile site ? If not, make sure you have Google Analytics or another Web Analytics tool installed and take a look at the mobile section of your Analytics reports. It provides you with a wealth of information you can use to design your mobile site. For example:
- Share of mobile vs non-mobile (mobile probably claims between 5 and 25% of your traffic!)
- Conversion metrics (how many mobile visitors do already convert on your site?)
- Interest (which pages do they visit?)
These three resources I recommend reading to broaden your understanding of the importance of mobile sites and how to design them:
- Use Google Analytics to Design Your Mobile Site | LunaMetrics
- The 20 Things Users Want Most From Your Mobile Site | HubSpot
- Mobile Marketing 2015: Rethink Customer Acquisition, Intent Targeting | Occam’s Razor
It contains 100 actionable tips to grow your online business.