Today’s post is a bit different… You’re used to consume in-depth content that helps you turn simple data into actionable insights. At least, that’s my purpose. :-)
This time I want to share a bit more about my digital analytics journey, but I promise to provide a ton of advice at the same time!
At the end of 2012 I started this website to document my knowledge and share about my passion and ideas.
It usually works like this, I come up with a digital analytics topic and write a story around it to provide as much value as I can. And when I feel good, the words just flow naturally…
In the meantime quite a few things changed. My blog has grown from zero to over 10.000 visitors a month and thousands of subscribers. And it’s really amazing and fun to connect with awesome people like you!
You might think… hey Paul, but why this post?
Last month I met Jeff Sauer (Analytics and PPC expert) at the Google Analytics User Conference in The Netherlands. We had a great time chatting together and sharing stuff. Up to then we had regular email contact, but never met in-person. Since that time we help each other a lot and he has become a great friend!
And you know what, a few weeks later I was invited for the awesome Jumpstart Podcast. Jeff’s Podcast is filled with many prominent names in the digital marketing industry. Go check it out!
Of course I was very excited to record the podcast and share my story.
You can listen to it below (I share my digital journey in a lot of detail so don’t miss it!):
- How I started doing business online on Ebay when I was just 16 years old.
- How I started my career as a headhunter, but got excited about Digital Marketing and Analytics.
- How building affiliate sites has skyrocketed my SEO and Analytics knowledge.
- How providing value via awesome content has become one of my greatest passions.
- How you can grow your career as a Digital Analyst or in any other field you are passionate about.
- How you can strategically grow your blog and online presence.
- Why I took the leap and gave up my corporate job just two months ago.
- How I see the future of Online Metrics as a blog and online business.
Hope you enjoy listening to my story and I am happy to hear your thoughts!One last thing... Make sure to get my extensive checklist for your Google Analytics setup. It contains 50+ crucial things to take into account when setting up Google Analytics.